Cornerstone Military Lending
EligibilityFAQApply Now
  1. Home
  2. VA Loan
  3. Refinancing
  4. Eligibility
  5. The Process
  6. Prepare
  7. Documents
  8. F.A.Q.
  9. About Us
  10. Events
  11. Contact Us
  12. Apply
A VA approved lender. NMLS#173855. Cornerstone Military Lending is a registered DBA of Cstone Mortgage Inc. Not affiliated with the Dept. of Veteran Affairs or any government agency.

Prepare Your Documents

If you haven't started with us yet, or are just beginning to provide the necessary documents, then keep reading! We'll go over the things that you’ll need to provide. If you are looking to download documents for your loan officer, then go to the PDF Documents Page.

Our Home Trac system will tailor a list of items specifically to your current situation. Your loan officer, processor, or underwriter may ask for clarification of additional items that may arise given your unique circumstance. Below is a general overview of documents that may be required during the home loan process.

Your Property

  1. Copy of signed sales contract including all riders
  2. Verification of the deposit you placed on the home
  3. Names, addresses and telephone numbers of all realtors, builders, insurance agents and attorneys involved
  4. Copy of Listing Sheet and legal description if available (if the property is a condominium please provide condominium declaration, by-laws, and most recent budget)

Your Income

  1. Copies of your pay stubs for the most recent 30-day period and year-to-date
  2. Copies of your W-2 forms for the past two years
  3. Names and addresses of all employers for the last two years
  4. Letter explaining any gaps in employment in the past 2 years
  5. Work visa or green card (copy front & back)

If self-employed or receive commission or bonus, interest/dividends, or rental income:

  1. Provide full tax returns for the last two years PLUS year-to-date Profit and Loss statement (please provide complete tax return including attached schedules and statements. If you have filed an extension, please supply a copy of the extension.)
  2. K-1's for all partnerships and S-Corporations for the last two years (please double-check your return. Most K-1's are not attached to the 1040.)
  3. Completed and signed Federal Partnership (1065) and/or Corporate Income Tax Returns (1120) including all schedules, statements, and addenda for the last two years. (Required only if your ownership position is 25% or greater.)

If you will use Alimony or Child Support to qualify:

  1. Provide divorce decree/court order stating amount, as well as, proof of receipt of funds for last year
  2. If you receive Social Security income, Disability or VA benefits:
  3. Provide award letter from agency or organization

Source of Funds and Down Payment

  1. Sale of your existing home - provide a copy of the signed sales contract on your current residence and statement or listing agreement if unsold (at closing, you must also provide a settlement/Closing Statement)
  2. Savings, checking or money market funds - provide copies of bank statements for the last 3 months
  3. Stocks and bonds - provide copies of your statement from your broker or copies of certificates
  4. Gifts - If part of your cash to close, provide Gift Affidavit and proof of receipt of funds
  5. Based on information appearing on your application and/or your credit report, you may be required to submit additional documentation

Debt or Obligations

  1. Prepare a list of all names, addresses, account numbers, balances, and monthly payments for all current debts with copies of the last three monthly statements
  2. Include all names, addresses, account numbers, balances, and monthly payments for mortgage holders and/or landlords for the last two years
  3. If you are paying alimony or child support, include marital settlement/court order stating the terms of the obligation
  4. Check to cover Application Fee(s)
Speak with us today
Available Business Days